OnShift Announces New Five Star Staffing Features
OnShift, a leader in human capital management software for post-acute care and senior living, today announced its Five Star Staffing Guide, new features that give post-acute care providers insight into their current staffing performance and guidance for achieving their Five Star staffing rating goals.
- Developed in accordance to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Five Star Quality Rating System, the Five Star Staffing Guide gives organizations visibility into their Five Star staffing analytics through an easy-to-understand graphical dashboard.
- OnShift’s Five Star Staffing Guide provides real-time analysis into staffing performance by estimating a provider’s Five Star staffing rating to determine progress toward labor targets.
- Providers can model Five Star staffing targets and perform what-if staffing mix scenarios to achieve their desired rating.
- OnShift’s Five Star Staffing Guide details the nursing hours by position (RN, LPN, nurse aide) and labor cost impact in achieving Five Star staffing targets to help set optimal staffing requirements.
- The most recent CMS Five Star staffing rating is reported within OnShift’s Five Star Staffing Guide.
OnShift’s Five Star Staffing Guide is a set of new features within OnShift Insight. OnShift Insight is a workforce analysis system that extends OnShift Schedule with greater insight into real-time staffing situations for more informed and data-driven decisions. OnShift Schedule provides easy-to-use, predictive tools to help providers schedule employees, control overtime to lower costs, and fill openings to staff properly each and every shift.
“Recent changes to the Five Star Quality Rating System and a focus on transparency have providers placing even greater emphasis on their staffing strategies. OnShift’s new Five Star Staffing Guide is helpful for providers to easily evaluate and determine optimal staffing adjustments to improve their rating,” stated Mark Woodka, CEO, OnShift. “OnShift’s new Five Star features reinforce our goal to provide proactive labor management tools that enable our clients to gain significant operational, clinical and financial improvements.”
“Long-term and post-acute care providers must routinely analyze their staffing and scheduling efforts to meet their Five Star staffing goals,” stated Peter Corless, Executive Vice President of Enterprise Development, OnShift. “OnShift’s proactive approach to Five Star staffing can help providers stay on track to meet their targets and ensure their facilities are staffed properly and consistently.”
- Five Star Quality Rating System Changes — CMS implemented changes to the Five Star Quality Rating system in February 2015, resulting in over 30% of facilities losing at least one star from their overall Five Star Quality Rating.1
About OnShift, Inc.
OnShift delivers cloud-based human capital management software and proactive services to solve everyday workforce challenges in healthcare. Our suite of products for hiring, scheduling and workforce analysis drives quality care, lower costs and higher performance by empowering providers to staff consistently and efficiently. Intuitive design, predictive analytics and customer success management are why thousands of post-acute care and senior living organizations rely on OnShift. For more information visit www.onshift.com.
1 American Healthcare Association (AHCA) Summary of the Changes to Five Star Announced by CMS, 2015