ScoutLogic Announces Appointment of Board of Directors and Advisors
Experts in technology, human resources, staffing, and gig economy to counsel growing Big Data and Analytics background check firm
ScoutLogic, the first background check firm to leverage Big Data and Analytics, today announced the appointment of a Board of Directors and Board of Advisors. Both boards are comprised of some of the technology, human resources, and finance industries’ most well-known and respected leaders. Founded just last year, ScoutLogic has reached a pivotal point in its growth trajectory as the speed and candidate experience of the hiring process have become increasingly important in a tight labor market. ScoutLogic will look to its advisors to guide the organization as it continues to increase its market share, as well as expand its product set to further optimize HR processes.
“ScoutLogic brings a fresh and data-driven approach to the background screening process and we are thrilled to have this impressive group of professionals with deep industry knowledge join us to offer their insights as we grow,” said David Garcia, CEO and co-founder of ScoutLogic. “We are confident that the guidance of these two boards will be integral to ScoutLogic’s success as we aim to help improve more traditional HR functions with big data and analytics.”
In addition to the company’s co-founders David Garcia and Bill James, ScoutLogic’s new Board of Directors members include:
- Mike Duffey – COO, Jouzge; former Executive Vice President and CFO, First Advantage Corp and former Executive Vice President and CFO, Information Resources, Inc. (IRI)
- John Freeland – board member at WNS Global Services; former President and CEO, IRI; former President, Worldwide Operations at Salesforce and former Managing Partner, Global CRM practice at Accenture
ScoutLogic’s Board of Advisors members include:
- Andy Arquette – CFO, fairlife
- Phillip Cardenas – former Head of Global Trust and Safety, Uber and former Head of Global Trust and Safety, AirBnb
- Tom Erb – President, Tallann Resources
- Kathleen Carroll – CHRO, First Midwest Bancorp and First Midwest Bank
- Victoria Gustafson – Senior Partner, Verde Associates and Adjunct Faculty, the University of Chicago
- Elizabeth Landon – VP of HR, Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Mary Lee Montague – Managing Partner, Non-Profit Practice of DHR; President, International Women’s Forum Chicago Board of Directors, and the International Women’s Forum Foundation Board
- Sherri Nadeau (Chair) – CHRO, FirstKey Homes
“I look forward to working with ScoutLogic’s leadership team as the company continues to make exciting moves in the background screening and HR technology space,” said John Freeland, who will serve on the Board of Directors. “I’ve spent much of my career in data and analytics, and ScoutLogic is well-positioned to make big changes to the outdated background check process and beyond. Technology continues to reshape the world of work, and predictive analytics, innovative services and cutting-edge solutions like those delivered by ScoutLogic are essential as companies compete for the best available talent.”
“I’m honored to join ScoutLogic as an advisor and be a part of an organization that has tremendous potential to transform the way companies hire,” said Sherri Nadeau, Chair of the Board of Advisors. “As someone who has personally worked with many background check providers, ScoutLogic’s speed and accuracy is impressive, and they are poised to create positive changes to the hiring process and overall HR experience.”
ScoutLogic’s Board of Directors and Board of Advisors began their term on July 1, 2018.
ScoutLogic is the first background check firm to leverage Big Data and Analytics to get accurate results faster and at a lower cost, all while improving the candidate experience. Founded in 2017 and with offices in Illinois and Ohio, ScoutLogic currently works with more than 50 organizations across the United States, including such well-known brands as fairlife, FirstKey Homes and Cheryl’s Cookies. By providing a full suite of background checks including criminal background investigations, education/employment verifications, and motor vehicle records and drug testing to perform FCRA-compliant background checks, ScoutLogic makes the hiring and onboarding process more efficient. For more information visit www.scoutlogicscreening.com.